Other Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
But that’s not all! Coconut oil boasts a handful of other amazing beneficial qualities for your dog.
– MCFAs (Medium Chain Fatty acids) found in coconut oil helps balance the thyroid, which helps overweight logs lose weight while helping sedentary dogs to feel energetic.
– Coconut oil assists in regulating and balancing insulin which can help prevent or control diabetes. It also aids in the prevention of heart disease.
– If your dog suffers from kennel cough, coconut oil can even help your dog recover quickly from it.
– Coconut oil works wonders for your dog’s skin. It can clear up skin conditions like eczema, allergies to fleas, dermatitis, as well as dry itchy skin. Applied topically it can disinfect wounds while promoting the healing of wounds, bites, and stings. It even can make your dogs coat glossy and sleek while getting rid of pet odors. Coconut oil also works to treat yeast and fungal infections, including candida.
– Digestion and nutrient absorption is another health benefit from coconut oil. It aids in the healing of digestive disorders such as inflammatory bowel syndrome, kills parasites, and can reduce or eliminate your dog’s bad breath. It can even be used to clean your dog’s teeth.
– Aside from helping your dog reduce weight and increase energy. coconut oil also promotes mobility for dogs who suffer from arthritis and other joint issues.